How to delete an App from iPhone or iPad
If you’re an iPhone or iPad user, you won’t consider deleting an app until you ran out of the storage because iOS devices are not slowed down due to the junk of apps in most of the cases. But some people may like to keep their iPhone clean and organized all the time.
Deleting an app on the iPhone or iPad has constantly changed with the new release of iOS. Recently Apple changed the way of deleting an app across all the devices.
If you own an iPhone with or without 3D touch, the process is the same for all the devices. But before it varies depending on the device you use.
How to delete the app completely including its documents and data?
In the home screen, choose the app you want to delete
1. Long press the app for about 1 second
2. Tap delete app and the app will be deleted
This will delete the app completely from your iPhone
How to delete multiple apps?
Use this method to delete multiple apps at once.
1. Select the app you want to delete
2. Long press the app for about 2 seconds (Longer than you did for the previous method)
Now the app will start to dance.
3. Tap the X of each app you want to be uninstalled.
4. Press the home button if you have one or tap the done button on the upper right corner.
How to uninstall the app without deleting its documents and data?
This method is considered to be used when deleting an app to recover some storage space. The app will be removed but the documents and data are still stored on the device itself.
If you reinstall the app, you will be resumed where you left off when deleting. So, this method deletes the app without sacrificing its documents and data.
This comes in handy if you suddenly in need of some storage.
1. Go to the settings and then tap General
2. Select iPhone storage and you will see a long list of installed apps
3. Tap the app you want to uninstall and it will show you the space it acquired
There will be two options to delete the app
Offload App – This will delete the storage it occupies without deleting the documents and data
Delete App – This will delete the entire app including its documents and data (It’s similar like the first method)
4. Tap the “Offload App” option
Now the app will be deleted but the documents and data can be reinstated at any time if the app is still available on the app store.
Use this method only if you have a plan to reinstall the app later.
If we deep dive into this, we can ask iOS to delete the app if it’s not regularly used and the iPhone is on low storage. This method will only offload the app without removing its documents and data.
1. Go to Settings and Tap General
2. Select iPhone storage
3. Now tap enable under offload unused app.